Thursday, February 2, 2012

First interval session of the year + my frozen water bottle

Well, generally it is still too early to do interval training and I normally wouldn't start them until March but this season will be different for me. So here I am, doing interval trainings from the beginning of February. 


I certenly picked a cold day for it though but let's talk about that later. I finished work early and after my short prep I was ready to get out and get the training done in the cold and dark evening. I picked a climb that I know well and I like also. After a nice warmup I got to the starting point wich was the Taylor's Pub carpark near the M50 bridge. The plan was to do short intervals today so I marked the finishing point at the Ticknock Lower carpark.  


The lenght of this climb is 2.10 km and has 145 m of elevation gain. This time I got it done 4 times in a row. I didn't want to get too jumpy so I kept a nice and consistent pace through the whole thing, staying in the saddle for most of the time. It took a bit over 10 minutes each time to climb up to the carpark. The goal was to get it done nice and steady not to break PB on it, so it's all good as it is. :)

Regular dark and cold winter training, normal I can say but still...something happened that I haven't seen for a long time. The valve of my water bottle got frozen! Last time I seen stuff like this was in the proper Hungarian winter many years ago.

First interval training of the year and I think it went well. I felt good and even the freezing evening was lovely. I like to cycle in cold, it has it's own beauty though. I spent 1 hour and 45 minutes on the bike all in and I enjoyed every bit of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment