Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Started to feel the speed - morning road spin over the Sally Gap

Another morning means another road spin before I get to work. This time I had about 3 hours window I could work with so that left me with the obvious choice: yep, the Sally Gap, just as always! :)

This morning's ride

The plan was to have a nice and fast paced training spin on one of my favourite training loop, which would be the next: 

Milltown - Stepaside - Enniskerry - Powerscourt - Sally Gap - Lough Tay - Ballinastoe - Djouce - Enniskerry - Stepaside - Milltown

I was really lucky with the weather this morning, no rain, no crazy wind just dry roads and a bit of sunshine along the way. Just as we expect a nice February morning to be! :) Everything was just nice and calm out there with very little traffic and stunning view at some places. 

Who wouldn't live in a place like this, hah?! Absolutely fantastic!

But back to the spin! I started to push it hard straight from the beginning and I felt very good all the way so I decided to have the split times recorded, I thought they could be interesting. Here they are:

             CP1 - Enniskerry @ 32 minutes of riding time
             CP2 - Powerscourt Waterfall @ 46 minutes of riding time
             CP3 - Military Road junction @ 1 hour and 10 minutes of riding time
             CP4 - Sally Gap @ 1 hour and 30 minutes of riding time
             CP5 - Enniskerry @ 2 hours and 15 minutes of riding time
             CP6 - Milltown (home) @ 2 hours and 50 minutes of riding time

I'm happy to get this 73 km long spin done under 2 hours and 50 minutes time with all the climbs along the way.  It was tough enough morning spin with all the 1186 m elevation gain

And there is one more thing that I'm happy for: I managed to set a new PB speed record on the was down from the Sally Gap, just next to the Lough Tay. Happy days!


I had great time on the bike today and it was great to have a bit more intense training spin especially 'cause the racing season is coming soon. Legs were turning fine and I felt it for the first time this year that all the training I've done all started to build up. Feels greeeaaaat!

No comments:

Post a Comment