Thursday, February 16, 2012

ThinkBike.ie interval session - Kilmashogue Lane x 2

Wow, what an evening on the bike! I went out with the ThinkBike.ie CC lads this evening to get some hard interval training done on the road bike. The location was the Kilmashogue Lane , so we all expected some steep climbing as today's task. And we were right: it was steep but it was brilliant! 

All set, ready to go! :)

We started our training session at 6pm sharp just as we do on Thursday evenings. Obviously the place was pitch black so I had all the proper night lights fitted. Today's "dose" was to get the climb done twice in a row from the M50 bridge all the way up to the very top where the tarmac road ends. I haven't been on this climb for a couple months at this stage, so I was super curious to see how it'll go.

Luckily it went the kind of way I hoped for: felt good 'cause I have been doing lots of climbing lately but of the roughly 13 minutes time that took me to get up to the top is way behind my PB. But of course that is 100% OK at this time of the year though! :)

The double Kilmashogue Lane climb at night is done & dusted, it's time to head home

I started to really enjoy all these interval training sessions lately and even if they turn into a night ride road spin every time the whole thing is cool! I just simply like to get on the bike, get out there and get some sweet climbing done. Yep, sometimes it's wet and damp, some other times we are freezing to bits but that's all part of the game, isn't it? But in the end of the day I'm on the bike and that keeps me happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment