Sunday, February 26, 2012

Spring spin up on Threerock // 3 hours XC spin


I think the spring is definitely on the way and the perfect proof for that was the fantastic sunny morning on Saturday. I got all my stuff ready and I was on my way up to Threerock at 8 am sharp to meet up with the guys from ThinkBike.ie CC. I did catch up with the lads in the lower carpark and we started to climb up towards the top. The day way bright & warm enough but the trails were pretty muddy at places 'caused by the rain on the night before. We did the ususal route a couple of times and after about 1 hour and 30 minutes into the spin they went back home (there was a running event in the Marlay Park on the same morning) so I got left alone to do my own stuff. 

I had lot more planned for the day so I kept going and luckily met wit Joe McCall and another mountain biker called Mark so I joined and stayed with them for about an hour or so. The trails we took were amazing: technical steep climbs & descents. I loved it! :)

The map of the spin

Just before we reached the Metro trail again we split up and I hit the Boneshaker and the route back home afterwards. I've had a great time on the bike and I loved the way the second half of the spin was pretty techical and to be fair intense enough thanks to Joe. :) 

I spent 3 hours on the bike and ended up doing 42 km with 1100 m of total elevation gain along the way. After the tough interval session on Thursday I'm pretty tired and feel like I need a good rest after these two spins.

No comments:

Post a Comment