Monday, February 6, 2012

With or without earphones?! - Listening to music on the bike

The one question that causes "panic attack" in some people and does absolutely nothing to others: "Do you listen to music while riding your bike?" It seems to be a sensitive question lately so I thought it would be an interesting topic for this post. 

All my cyclist friends and team mates know about that I belong to the group that listening to music on the bike. The main reason is I'm on my own most of the time, doing about 95% of all my training alone. It is simply more entertaining to go out for a long spin with some of my favourite tunes in the earphones. It gives more motivation as well and keep me going better if I hear some real music that I love to listen. Well, of course I don't have the earphones with me every time but mainly I do. 


The main thing that freaks people out is the safety aspect of the whole "listening to music on the bike" question. I honestly think that if you are in control on the bike and you visually aware what's happening around you then there is nothing to worry about. 

Well, of course the commuter madness in the city centre is completely different story but if we are talking about a lovely XC spin in the middle of the nowhere, or the quiet country roads accross the Wicklow I do think there is nothing wrong to listen to music while we are out on our training spin. :)


Just couple of my favourite songs that are defo on my playlist when I'm out on the bike! Enjoy! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment