Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Glo & Ember - Cool lights from Bontrager


After years of hard use my Knog Bullfrog lights gave up so I had go get my hands on some new lights quickly. This time I had my eyes on these super sweet, compact set of lights from Bontrager, they are called Glo and Ember.

The compact size and stylish design made them very attractive to me, mainly 'cause I prefer something that can be taken off and fitted back on again fast without permanent brackets on the bike. The elastic rubber band is good choice on them! They can be run in flashing or steady mode and the regular enough CR 2032 batteries can be replaced any time.


I just tried them out this evening on my way home from the shop and they are surprisingly bright although they wouldn't be the best choice on some properly dark coutry roads of course. I really like the way they are nice and small and barely can be noticed on the bike. Also good thing is the way they are designed: there is no switch on the actual shell of them but once you press the light itself you activate the switch that is underneath. Cool! :)


I'm looking forward to try these bad boys properly and see how they perform. I hope the spring is on the way though and we don't need to use lights any longer. But until then I happily use these cool little lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment