Friday, February 1, 2013

Good bye cross. Hello road! // Converted TCX


The cyclocross season is over (for a while...) and I managed to get rid of the ankle injury as well, it is time to make the obvious move: ride the XC bike off-road and with some little changes use the TCX as a road bike until the next cross season. So I turned the bike into a road bike this afternoon. 

All it takes is just put the road pedals back on the bike and fit a set of 700x23c tyres and it's all set. I've decided to give it a go with the single chainring setup for a little while to see how will I get on with it. 

The skinny road tyres look a bit funny in the cross fork I have to say :)
 
So, from now on I can do proper road spins with this setup instead of grinding on the cross tyres. Will be faster, will be better, will be real 100% tarmac fun! Yeehaa!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment