Friday, February 22, 2013

The Sram X.0 with Gripshift is ready to rock!


After I've decided to switch from Shimano to Sram the most important task was to pick up the ingridients. I'm still running 9 speed system on the bike, so this kind of made the situation a bit harder 'cause everything is heavily 10 speed focused these days. The other thing that has made this task even more tricky was the fact that I needed to find a particular setup: Sram X.0 rear mech and Sram 9 speed GripShift...didn't look too easy but I got very lucky and managed to pick up everything within just a few days! Great stuff! 

After few years break I'm back to my faithful gripshift setup.
  
I got the rear mech from my former team mate Richie and after a bit of work it got back to life no problem. ( I will write about the refurbishing in another post) Works like a dream! The shifters seemed like more tricky to find but I got a set in fantastic shape from the MAD MTB forum. I just couldn't believe how absolutely spotless they are! Amazing! 

So, the bike is ready to roll with Sram gear system on it again. But that's not the only change on the machine, there's another tale to tell. :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment