Thursday, December 18, 2014

Hollókő, where the time has stopped



Today the weather was super nice, so I decided to visit one of my favourite places near my home. Hollókő is a truly special place that is part of the World Heritage. It's a small village where the time has stopped: once you step into the Old Village it seems like you have travelled back in time a couple of hundred years. The streets, the buildings and the generally everything has been kept exactly the way it has been back then. Visiting a place like this is absolutely amazing I have to say. 

Riding as far as Hollókő from my place was perfectly suitable for today's training spin, ended up doing 60 km just under 2 hours and 30 minutes. It was good enough to get the legs turning and enjoy the still very mild Hungarian winter. And of course it was lovely to visit this spot after so many years, I'm sure I'll be back more often from now on! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment