Saturday, May 20, 2017

Resurrection of my old training loop




Today I had a nice little training going on the local trails. The plan was to get a few laps done on the old XC loop that we used to ride ages and ages ago, when I started racing back in 2001. 


It's a good 'aul fashion XC course with pretty much one longish climb and a very fast rolling descent. The course is 2,7 km long and the elevation gain is 93 m in one lap. Once you're done with the classic power climb that's out in the open you'll enter the forest and soon will start your mega fast downhill through the woods. There's a short climb still at the end just before the start/finish point of the loop. It's a great course, especially because it brings back about a ton of nice memories from the past! 


I've done 4 laps on the XC course and after I got a bit of a mileage also. I finished todays ride with 48,7 km and 830 m of climbing in the Garmin. Good enough for today. But of course there was time...


... for a moment of silence at the lake...


... and a quick bubbly resfreshment at the pastry shop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment