Saturday, May 13, 2017

The story of a loooong afternoon...




Well, there are days when things go well and there are also days when eveyrthing seems to be agains us. Today was one of those days when things weren't on my side...


It has started as a nice & usual Saturday afternoon. Got geared up straight after lunch and left the house for a spin. I had a proper MTB session planned, so there was nothing else left to do but to hit the trails! I was about 15 minutes into the spin when I got stung by a wasp into my lip... into my freakin' bottom lip. 




Within seconds it felt like my mouth will burn off... but a bit later it got totally numb so from then on it was like I'm sitting in a dentists waiting room. 




Although I wasn't happy about things but of course I kept going. Things got all good: the trails were savage and I simply loved every minute on the bike!...




   
Until from one minute to the other the weather turned seriously. The sky got all dark and the temperature dropped heavily. At this point I've decided to turn back and not to go further into the mountains. I got back to the Hidegkút shelter in heavy rain but at that point things got so bad I figured it's better to put the hammer down on the descent and to get back to the nearest village as fast as I can. 




I'm normally pretty calm about the weather, I need a lot to be worried about the conditions... but not this time. This time things were different... when the rain turned into a properly heavy hail-storm I was sure this is not a joke.  It was falling so heavily and the size of the ice drops were big enough to cause painful minutes during the last 2 km before I got into a bus stop shelter.




By the time I got to Gyöngyöspata things got even worse. It got colder and the storm got stronger also. I was waiting around a bit to see how things are but nothing improved. As I was freezing my tits off at this point there was nothing else to do but call my Dad for a lift home. Shame or no shame but it had to be done. Thanks for the rescue Dad! :) 


So this is it. A perfect example when things don't go my way. But hey! This is life, hah? The next ride will be better. 

PS: the training spin was savage anyway until the sh*t hit the fan! :D   


No comments:

Post a Comment