Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back on the road // Orwell Randonnée - upcoming event

I did not plan any more road events for this year but today I got roped into the 130 km long Orwell Randonnée this coming Saturday. The question was asked, the decision has been made quick and the answer was even quicker: 

"Yep, why not? I'll be there! "

After a quick online registration (which I was lucky with because there was only 300 entries allowed for the day) everything was sorted. I'm part of the ThinkBike Road Squad for the 130 km long spin that is not a race but there is no secret: I want to have it done as fast as I can and I'm sure I wont be the only one with a plan like this! The route goes over some very good climbs so I hope to make some time up on them. The only thing I hope for is a nice day for it but honestly, I'm so excited about Saturday I don't even care about the crapy weather that is pretty standard lately. Bring it on! :)


The itiner for the day

Now, I haven't been on the road for about a month at this stage 'cause I've been so "busy" with all my mountain biking. So, the first thing I did was to get out for a short but intense road spin straight after work. Did some flat, did some climbs and tried to have a good rythm going. 

Back home, time to rest now


I'm ready for Saturday and I'm sure it'll be fun to participate in one of the best road sportive of this year's calendar. I'm really looking forward to it and I hope I can report to you guys with nothing else but great experience about the Orwell Randonnée 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment