Thursday, May 24, 2012

Riding my bike & living life // Summer mode is ON!

 
After about a week and a half non-biking time I was dying to get out on the bike! I got some nice overtime built up at work so I'm off for couple of days and I got to admit that the timing couldn't be any better: summer has arrived!!! Clear sky, super hot days, sunburn and everything! :)

What to wait for then?! I was on my way in no time!

I managed to get 2 spins done in the last 2 days with the total riding time of 4 hours and 20 minutes, which I'm pretty happy with mainly 'cause I'm on 24/7 Baby Alert at this stage. This was the main reason why I stayed around the local mountains, kind of hoping to be able to get back home fast enough if I need to. :) 

Excellent view!

The plan was that I had no plan. I've decided I take it as it comes but the only criteria was to visit most of my favourite places around Dublin. Here is the list of these super cool places that I never get bored with: Ticknock, Fairy Castle, Threerock, Wicklow Way, Tibradden, Kilmashogue


Fun time on the Metro trail

Now, the only thing I can tell is that when I ride my bike only once a week it does not help to stay fast that's for sure. These spins aren't Strava worthy ones or anything but I sure did have fun and enjoyed the hell out of my time on the bike! I was riding all over the place, riding trails back and forward and enjoyed the mega hot summer days with temperature that I don't remember when I seen in Ireland for the last time. I might even risk it to say it out loud: summer is here! :)

Near Tibradden

Enjoying the sun on Threerock

Managed some sweet max. speed on the Kilmashogue fire road: 65,4 km/hour...

Mountain biking is fantastic in weather like this but also can be done in pretty much every other conditions. The only thing that can't really be fun on a crapy day is a proper BBQ! So, we didn't want to miss our chance: fired up the grill and got some lovely chicken breats thrown on it. After the savage spin this was the perfect way to finish the day! 100%  loved it! :)


Chillin' with the BBQ & my bubbly (strictly non-alcoholic one)   ;)

Here it is, the best home made chicken burger in town! :)

The last 2 days were absolutely fantastic: spent lots of time with my wife Anett, went for mountain bike spins, got lots of rest, had lovely food and I did all this in proper summer conditions! Needless to say: life is great! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment