Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cyclocross spin in the Phoenix Park


Finally I could get out on the bike after being sick for about a week and a half, so I wasted no time this morning: dug out all the winter gear (since there was only 4 degrees this morning) and I was on my way to the Phoenix Park to have some quality cyclocross time on the bike. I haven't been in the park for ages since it isn't exactly the most exciting place to go on the bike but I have to say: it is an absolute heaven for the cross bike indeed! 

The Magazine Fort - my first destination this morning


The place around the Magazine Fort is simply great: grass, turns and some steep, kicker climbs as well. I spent about 30 minutes there to get a couple of laps done around the building.

Good training terrain it is

Here is a panorama photo of the place (the lights are messed up a little...)

The park was simply great this morning: still very cold and wet but the sky was super bright and there wasn't a single cloud anywhere. Everything was super slippery so I definitelly had fun on the bike trying to keep it upright in the corners! :)


The trails around the Glen Pond lake are brilliant

My second destination was the Glen Pond lake near the Knockmaroon Gate. There is a  kilometer long loop around the lake that I reallay like so I did not miss the chance to ride around a few times. Also great thing to have that super long set of log stairs next to the river that I could use for some run-up practice at the end. 


Doing my run-up session...man, it is a long way to run like this! :)

After I finished what was planned for today I decided to head home. I have been out only for 1 hour and 35 minutes and got covered the distance of 31,5 km. Short spin but optimal for a cyclocross training session. I had great time on the bike this morning, I really missed to be out and it was nice to get the legs turning. I felt ok for a spin like this but I'm still not well enough for tomorrow's Fixx Supercross Cup Round 2... 

I hate to accept the fact but I need to skip this round. But I think I'm doing the right thing in order to get rid of this illness and be 100% in good health for the next one. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment