Saturday, October 20, 2012

It's CX time again // Spin in the Bushy Park


Another Saturday means another spin and since I'm fully & completely got hooked on this whole cyclocross game there was no other option but hop on the bike and get some proper cross training session done. This time I've  targeted a fresh, new location: the Bushy Park


The place is just simply great: tons of cool singletracks everywhere, some looooong set of stairs and massive amount of grass. I have been in the park many times before but I got to explore it properly only this morning. It is definitely a perfect location for cross spins with possibility to do all sorts of cross specific training.  


And the best part is: it's only around the corner from my place! :)




Lovely autumn conditions: damp and sliddery trails covered with leaves. The BEST!!!

So, after a quick warm up I got to the park and started my spin that I was waiting for pretty much all week. Thankfully I managed to get rid of this man-flu that is going around for weeks now, so I finally felt great on the bike. Happy days! 


Enjoying the speed on this mild autumn morning

I picked a nice loop that included all the cross-worthy elements: muddy trails, field crossings, stairs and some tarmac sections as well. I think I managed to find the good balance and mix of all these elements during this loop, so I got a good few of them done.


On one of the many set of stairs

Another one of my favourite run-up sectors

Mud, mud, mud...lovely thing to have! :)

After today there's a definite answer: no turning back, CX is for me! I had such a great time on the bike this morning and because I felt healthy and "fast" the spin was even better. Bring on the Fixx Supercross Cup Round 3 next weekend, I can't wait!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment