Thursday, October 11, 2012

Refurbished Dura Ace (RD-7700) rear mech



After a little digging and some research I managed to pick up this second hand Shimano Dura Ace RD-7700 rear mech this afternoon. I was looking for something nice for the cyclocross bike and I think I can't get any better than this! 

The mech is in a very good condition, there's only some cosmetic damage on the side but mothing serious. So once I got my hands on this bad boy the work to bring it back to perfect working order has started. 

Needs a bit of cleaning

I took the two jockey wheels out and started to clean then properly, also got the bolts and the plate a good bit of a scrubbing because I needed to get rid of the dirt fully before I put them back together. 

Nice & clean now, ready to be put back together

When I was done with the jockey wheels and the plate also I got the tensioner spring cleaned and also lubed all the adjuster bolts before I fitted everything back to it's place.


After all the work was done the display on the scale shows some very friendly number :)

Now, since the general condition of this mech was next to perfect the work I had to put in was about 15 minutes and I ended up with a great and refreshed rear deraileur that is going to serve me well. It is ready for action, the last step is to fit it on the bike and test it out in the rough conditions after it's easy life on the road! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment