Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Shimano CX50 cyclocross brakes


When I got the CX bike it has been fitted with a set of Tektro brakes. They were fine except one problem I constantly had: they were way too wide and they hit my calf causing many-many uncomfartable moments. So, I've decided to change them for the Shimano CX50 cross specific brakes to get rid of this issue.

Shimano CX50 // nice & compact they are
 
They are very low-profile brakes indeed, you can tell that straight away when they are out of the box. The main design feature is that the low-profile design keeps the arms out of the way. Exactly what I'm looking for!!




The shape is also very optimal for mud clerance. The spring tension is adjustable and the 155 gramms/pair weight isn't bad either. The set includes straddle wire (which I replaced straight away to achieve easier adjustability), hardware, set of Shimano brake pads and directions, so there should be no problem whatsoever to get these beauties fitted on the bike in no time. :)


The view from the front: nice & narrow brakes with plenty of mud clerance

Now, the proper test spin is still ahead of me but after the first short ride I can tell nothing but good about them: I got more responsive brakes with a lot more braking power. They have a good bite I have to say! I can't wait to give them a proper go on the weekend to see what the real difference would be between them and my old set of brakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment