Friday, March 15, 2013

Biking Blitz # 4 // 2 days to go, getting "ready"...

The machine is ready...
Today is Friday, so there's only two more days until my first XC race of the season. The preparation has been as good as it can get I think and of course I'm super excited about the fact I'll be at the start line on Sunday. The first race of the season is always more exctiting to me 'cause I'm dying to see where I'm exactly compare to all my friends and all the other riders. It's just a great buzz alltogether! :) 

The bike has been serviced and cleaned properly, so it is race ready I can say! But this is only one part of the preparation...the other half would be myself. I'm generally happy with this part as well but there's a little something I need to get sorted ASAP. 
...the human not just yet.

I managed to get through the whole winter without any illness (had some injuries but no cold or flu) and as we all know it always comes when I need it the least. I'm picking up some cold, so at this stage the most important pre-race prep task is to get rid of it now. I mean NOW!!!

I'm horsing Lemsip Max into me like there's no tomorrow, using all my secret Hungarian remedies & drinking record amount of liquid to get out of this in time. Thankfully I don't feel bad or anything but my nose & my throat is acting up big time...

So, I have about 48 hours at this point to pull myself together as much as I can and have a good race on Sunday. Working hard on it indeed and all I can say is: we'll see on Sudnay at 1 pm how successfuly I dropped this little uninvited visitor! :) 

Bring it on!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment