Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hope it's going to melt before the Dublin Blitz...

This afternoon I went out to do a little sneaky training for the upcoming Biking Blitz # 4 up on Threerock. I got a great race there last year and since this will be my first race of the season I'm super excited about Sunday. So, off I went with some high hopes to get 3-4 laps done on the Metro 1 and Metro 2 just to get some perspective of the current state of the place. Didn't need to wait too long before the hill wiped off the big smile of my face...


Just one of the many ice patches on the course

Tarmac climb is fine and just as much fun as I can get out of it but as soon as I hit the Metro 2 entrance things changed a bit. Little icy here and little icy there, which I'm happy with but then things turned to something else: massive patches of thick & solid ice on the trails. Impossible to climb at many places and also very challenging on the downhill sectors. I got 2 or 3 really dodgy situations on the way down! :) 

It is only Tuesday, so there is plenty of time to melt and all I can say is that I really hope it's going to. I would love to see all this ice gone by Sunday indeed. So I'm praying to all the mountain biking Gods up there to get rid of this nonsense and let us have a brilliant race day on Sunday!...

...Otherwise I need to hire a pair of skates for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment