Sunday, April 21, 2013

29er // Got me thinking!

Well, we all know the whole story about the 29er MTB revolution and there's nothing that hasn't been said about them already. So, I rather not get into all the pros and cons here 'cause I'm sure everyone who follows mountain biking heard it enough. :)

But there is a lot more important question that got me thinking. How good a 29er XC machine can be for short riders such as myself? Most of the people out there would say it straight away: it's not the best, only works well for tall lads! But there's another group of people as well who are happily get along with the bigger wheels and they are only 5'5" just like me! :)

I've been riding normal 26" mountain bikes in the last 15 years and didn't even bother to pay attention to all this fuss about 29ers. Up until now! Seems like they are really working for so many riders and the design & geometry also got better and better over the last few years. 

So, I can't deny it: I am very curious and would love to try a 29er XC bike! I never thought I'd say this but it's true, I want to give it a go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment