Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Time to enjoy some uphill! :)

This afternoon I wanted to do something different: didn't feel like to go for a MTB spin and didn't want to do all the usual route on the road bike either. So, what to do? Pick a shortish route with the most possible climb on the way. Sounds great! 




After I finished my babysitting duty for the afternoon I got my gear ready and off I went. Now, this was the first time this year when the weather was really nice. I mean REALLY NICE! Warm with a bit of wind, dry roads, blue sky! The kind of afternoon that needs to be spent on the bike. :)

As I said before: the plan was to get some good road climbing done by the time I get back home. So I did most of the climbs between the Viewing Pint and Stepaside: Stocking Lane, Kilmashogue Lane, Threerock and over to Stepaside.


The Stocking Lane and the Threerock climb was absolutely great, felt very good and really enjoyed myself. But on the Kilmashogue Lane I had some trouble to deal with the single 38T ring on the front, but still liked it though. With this route I ended up havin' a bit less than 2 hours long spin with the distance of 44 km and the total elevation gain of 1027 m. And as a bonus I managed to pick up a big bunch of PRs on the way. Happy days! :)

After the spin: tired but happy :)

What can I say about todays spin? It was a perfect reminder why I love to ride on the road every now and then: it's fast and smooth. Really enjoyed myself on the bike today, loved the route and the first real taste of the spring was lovely. Kneewarmers and armwarmers but I pulled them off pretty much straight away. Brilliant!


Today's spin was as intense as it can get with my current shape but in the same time it was very relaxing: got my head cleared and enjoyed some of my favourite tunes as well. Pure fun! :)


But the best part was when I got home my little son Rhys joined me and checked out what is this whole bike business is all about! :)

Future cyclist in making :)

No comments:

Post a Comment