Monday, April 1, 2013

Bike, food & all the rest // Brilliant Easter weekend

This has been great: there was plenty of time to do everything that I wanted to do during this year's Easter weekend. Riding my bike, havin' serious amount of lovely food and resting as much as you can rest with a 10 months old in the house. :)

Nice view: Powerscourt Waterfall and the still snowy mountains in the background

The longish MTB spin that I've done was simply one of the best in a long time. Don't go to Djouce very often but any time I do I need to realize that the place is the BEST around Dublin with no doubt! I cycled out, got some of the best trails tested out after the recent snowfall and when I finished I cycled back home. Weather was nice and sunny, the trails were in a decent condition (some of them were surpisingly dry) & got to listen to some of my favourite tunes along the way. Is there anything else I could wish for?! There is: an über-giga-mega-monster size chocolate Easter Egg! Luckily I got one but the "relationship" didn't last too long...

R.I.P. Easter Egg, was lovely to know you! :)

There is one more day off tomorrow I have. That means one more XC spin up in the mountains. Great stuff! It has been a lovely Easter weekend indeed: managed to spend time with my family, managed to ride my bike and also managed to enjoy myself during the last few days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment