Friday, June 21, 2013

Dusty dry mountain bike spin // WW action in the sun!


In the spirit of my previous post I've decided to have a long mountain bike spin this afternoon and get the XC bike back to life on the bone dry trails of the Wicklow Mountains! Got my beautiful lunch with the usual espresso and after that I was ready to hit the road.

The day was just simply perfect: very warm with plenty of sunshine and what's even better the conditions of the trails. They are dusty dry and soo much fun to ride! A day like this makes me realize how much I appreciate conditions like this, when I'm freezing my t*ts off, getting soaked, dipping into mud up to my knees, being blown off my bike by the strong and cold wind for about 350 days of the year! So, today was a happy time!!! :)

Near Djouce

Fun rocky bit

Green, green, green

My treat on the way home: 330 ml of ice cold, bubbly Heaven in Enniskerry village 

So, what can I say? This XC spin was my best mountain bike spin in this year without a doubt! Got as far as Djouce on the WW and then cycled home on the road. Sun, bone dry trails & my favourite tunes along the way. Just the perfect recipe for a savage 3 and a half hour mountain bike spin!

No comments:

Post a Comment