Friday, June 7, 2013

Wicklow 200 // I'm all set, roll on Sunday!



Yes! There's only one day to go and then I'm riding the Wicklow 200 for the fourth time! I've been looking forward to this for a while now and as the days went by one by one, I got properly hyped up. :)

I've done some road training for it, the bike got a proper full service (thanks to Tomek for the superb help) and to top all that we are about to face the hottest weekend for a long time! So, instead of my rain jacket I might need to pack some sun lotion! Haha, still can't believe it though!! :)

The TCX is ready: first time doing the W200 on a cross bike & with a single chainring setup. Bring on the challenge! :)

The plan is the next: heading out with two of my mates and will stick together as long as we can. After that everyone is doing their own thing. Do I have a goal? Of course, just like I always do! The target is the 8 hours mark and I'm sure I will do my very best to achieve that!

Wicklow Mountains, stonesplitting sun, hard climbs, fast descents, 200km, shorts & short sleeves, sunburn, blue skies, tons of fun. These are the things that I'm expecting and I'm sure I going to have a blast! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment