Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's time to...

          ... get the bike dusted down
          ... dig out all my cycling gear
          ... get the legs shaved again
          ... get out and ride my bike
          ... get myself back into racing!

After the massive 6 weeks of bike-less time things started to settle a little bit with my son Rhys, which is definitely a good thing. It means I can start thinking about riding my bike again very soon and that leads straight into one thing: find an XC event for myself. :)

I've never done the famous & popular event called Da Cooley Thriller, so I've decided to team up with the ThinkBike.ie lads and give this XC Marathon a shot! 

And the best thing is that I have absolutely no expectations. I will take the most of the day and do my best to have good time on the bike. Can't wait to race again and be there with all the guys and the rest of the Irish XC racing field! Will be class but until then I have some cycling to do to get some sort of shape and fittness going for the race!  

No comments:

Post a Comment