Saturday, December 21, 2013

The last spin before Christmas


I had my last spin before Christmas, in the next few days there will be 100% preparation for the Festive Season! I took out the Anthem and the main destination was the new trail up on Threerock. I've seen photos, heard about it, so there was no way out: had to check it out! 

Today was absolutely miserable (just like many days in the last one week). Strong wind and proper heavy rain. I got soaked by the time I hit the end of the road...

Got up to the trail there and had my first test ride on it. The feedback is 100% positive! Great little trail, very well built. Nice flow to it and great mix of turns, rocky sections and also some amazing views along the way. Simply brilliant! 

Had a great time out there despite of the weather, but when the rain turned into sleet first then snow about ten minutes later I decided to leg it and get home as fast as possible. It was possibly the best decision 'cause by the time I got home I was freezin' to bits. 




After nearly 2 hours out in the miserable weather nothing is better to get the life back into the body than a good aul' hot bath and a massive mug of tea with lemon & ginger! Oh, yes! :)

So here it is, the last pre-Christmas spin. Was savage, was great, was everything that a winter spin in Ireland can be! Roll on Christmas, happy out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment