Friday, February 25, 2011

Time to get new shoes... - Diadora X-Country Comp MTB

I think if we are talking about any cycling related gear that last long we can definitely mention a good pair of cycling shoes. I think they are quiet durable and if I look after them, they will last for couple of years at least. But...sometimes it is time to get a new pair! 

This time my choice was a 2010 version of the famous Diadora X-Country Comp MTB specific shoes. I did have Diadora shoes before and they were possibly the best cycling shoes I ever had. Very comfortable and super durable shoes. 
This model has 2 velcro straps and 1 buckle, this is my favorite type. The front and the heal is reinforced for extra durability.

My old pair was kind of a DIY stuff... Originally it was a road shoes from Viper and I did have them for about 4 years now. Well, I got very good use out of it but I have to admit it: they got very serious abuse on the mountain bike. The sole is a standard plastic road sole so it did not like the surfaces of all the rocks and everything else up in the mountains. So they lasted for about a year and a half on the mountain bike and then they gave it up... 
The result is: broken and disconnected sole (both of them)...

To be honest: I am not surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment