Friday, February 11, 2011

Catlike Whisper Plus helmet


It was time to get a new helmet for myself and I've had my eyes on the Catlike Whisper Plus for a good while now. I think the priority is to have a safe and comfortable helmet, that is also light in the same time. And also important: you must like your helmet. It is a personal taste but the visual details (shape, color, design) are there as a secondary thing to think about when you buy a new helmet.This time the Catlike was my choice.

There are 3 different sizes available: S, M, L, and based on the size of my previous helmet (Specialized Decibel) I got the size S model. From many colors I've picked the green-black one. It came in a nice box with a spare insert panel which is very handy I think because sometimes they needs to be replaced. Saves me time and hassle for the future.Cool!
 
The weight of this helmet is 260g and it has 39 air intakes for the perfect ventillation. I think in Ireland I don't need to worry about the hight temperature but it should be cool to have air flowing through the shell at all times. The In-Mold technology is pritty normal with all the modern helmets but there is something else: Crash Energy Splitter design.
"This design is based in the conctrete location of the air intakes, so that any impact will share more than one nerve, splitting the crash energy among many points and absorbing the most efficient way."

The helmet has also a Low Nape Protection design that gives more protection to the back side of the head.

So it seems like this helmet is a very nice choice for both road cycling and mountain biking. It fits very well, I find it very comfortable for sure. But still let's trust in the best: I hope I will never need all these fancy designs to save my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment