Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Savage winter spin around Howth

The view from Howth in February
I think Howth is under estimated if we talking about good locations for XC mountain biking. Yes, of course the total climb is quiet minimal out there but the singletracks are brilliant. Now, we have to admit it: sometimes they are very-very close to the edge of the cliffs but if you are careful enough everything is gonna be all right. Of course if you are not comfortable with hights these trails are not the best choice then. 

This morning the weather was bad again... Cold enough temperature with very strong wind and rain all morning.

The water was angry this morning (Bull Island Bridge)
I was a little bit slower than normally because I got the head wind all the way along the coast. It was serious! When I got to Howth I have decided to get up on the single tracks but I've had doubts about that... And it seem like I was right: the wind was super-strong on the top of the cliffs, so I made my choice. I've turned back because I didn't find the weather safe enough for the off-road spin. 

The single tracks

So I cycled back home, unfortunately I didn't ride the single tracks this morning. I need to go back some other time when the weather is going to be a little bit more friendly. On the way back the rain got very heavy as well and with the strong wind it was savage spin all together. I have spent 2 hours and 10 minutes on the bike as my morning spin just before I get to work. 

The tired, wet and cold cyclist after the spin
Now, after a hot bath the only thing I need to get myself back together is a lovely hot mug of ginger and lemon tea. The best thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment