Sunday, February 20, 2011

Easy spin and the 1st GoPro off-road camera test

I went up to Threerock for a short and easy recovery spin this morning. It was only a 1 hour and 40 minutes spin and because the intensity was low, it was a perfect chance to mess around a bit with the new camera I got for recording some nice cycling clips.


The first step has been done already: the bracket was fitted properly on my old helmet. Just one last check, after let's go! I was so excited about the first proper off-road test, I didn't even worried about the bad enough weather. 

I have recorded good few clips but the first thing I've had to realize was the fog was too thick in some places. There wasn't enough light from time to time to have a nice and clear picture. I also had a little issue with the angle of the camera, so that needs to be adjusted. 

I also having a problem to cut and convert the recorded material, and save it in good enough quality but not too big file size. I am working on the issue...

But I was able to capture and prepare a short clip: this is the way down from the top, back to the upper car park. 

Well, the result of the first test is pretty good and I am sure after some fine adjustments I would be able to record some sweet clips. The next thing I'll try out is to get the camera attached on the bike. That would be cool!

1 comment:

  1. Great Videio Andras, good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete