Monday, December 5, 2011

Been selected to UCD research project

I have got an email about 2 months ago that was about some very interestig research programme at the Institute of Sport and Health, UCD. I thought that could be very cool to participate in research project as a volunteer, so I sent back the application form. Good couple of weeks later I got the phonecall and the good news: I got selected to participate.

" An investigation into the effectiveness of low-intensity neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) for short term recovery between maximum aerobic cycling trials. "

Now, it's sounds interesting all right! Back in Hungary I've done similar tests and I think they are very useful for training and recovery also. Even they are about 100% exhaustion but somehow I really enjoy to do them and see the results afterwards. So, I was familiar with the nature of these tests and because I haven't done any of them for about 7 years I was very curious to see how much my performance has changed over the years. This was probably the main reason why I entered to this research project.

I'm very happy to be able to be part of this programme, it is something I'll really enjoy indeed. I can't wait to see the final results after the 4 sessions in 2 weeks time. Once all the testing is done and I have all my results in hand I will put on a little bit more detailed post for sure. Testing in laboratory? Cool stuff! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment