Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Let's burn off the Mince Pies!

Enough is enough! Christmas was great and everything but it is time to get back to normal. I've been sitting around and eating too much in the last little while. The mission for the day was to get on the bike and get the legs turning and let the lungs open up a bit after all the laziness.

The first feeling that hit me this morning when I got back on the bike was the demand for a real XC spin ASAP! 

So the decision was pretty obvious, I hit the road that leads me to Leadmines and the great Epic Club Course to be precise. This course is my favourite whenever I feel like I want to ride on some sweet XC race course with all the sharp switch backs, rough roots and some steep kicker climbs. Just simply can't beat it! 

I cycled out on the road through Dundrum and Stepaside and got there pretty quickly. Lucky enough, but it was still early so the place wasn't full of walkers and dogs which was certenly a nice thing. I got to the start of the course and started my training wich was 4 laps on the 2.6 km long club course. 

I felt a bit slowish for sure in the first and second lap but got the pace higher during the third one. Well, obviously still way behind the standard that we call good lap time, but my best lap time was 15:23. Here is something to improve before the racing season kicks in! :)


After the 2 hours and 20 minutes and 37,4 km long spin I got home right in time for lunch. I had good time on the bike indeed, riding on that course is always great. I can't deny: I feel the "side effects" of the Festive Season but it'll go away with very little work and I get back on track within few days for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment