Saturday, December 3, 2011

Back on the mountain bike

Today I decided to get back to the mountain bike for the change and have a lovely off-road spin just to mix up the winter training. I spent most of my time on the road bike lately but I missed the muddy, wet and slippery off-road spins so much, I just wanted to refresh the feeling a bit. I do not regret it for sure! 

This is what I mean: I see nice stuff on the road bike but nothing compare to this

I had my new training parter with me today. Raphael from France is into triathlon (he is getting prepared for an Ironman in 2012) so he is fit as hell I have to say. The XC mountain biking is pretty new to him though but it was great to have him there, he was setting the pace very well good couple of times. Good stuff man! :)


We got lucky with the weather today, it was dry. That's the main thing I guess, however I think it was savage enough because the wind was absolutely mad out there. That and the low enough temperature gave me the feel of a proper winter spin and I just simply did not believe my eyes when I seen lads on the mountain wearing shorts... What is up with that?! In the last 6 years I have adopted to the Irish weather a good bit, but I think I will never see the day when I cycle in shorts in 5-6°C in December. :)

We spent 2 hours and 20 minutes on the bike which was perfectly enough to feel the cold by the time I got back. Shower, warm ginger tea and a lovely lunch were waiting for me at home. 

The well deserved dessert: chocolate pancakes with strawberry souce & cream

Today's spin was perfect to see why I love mountain biking so much: the place was simply beautyful, I enjoyed every minute of the spin. Mud, puddles, wet roots everywhere. What a way to spend the Saturday morning! Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment