Thursday, December 22, 2011

Night ride is the name of the game


We were planning this night ride spin for ages but there was always a problem to pull the things together. But tonight finally we got out to have some fun filled off-road spin at night. I rushed home from work after we closed the shop at 7 pm and got the gear ready in no time. I was ready to rock at 7:30 pm when my friend Csaba got to my place. We fitted the lights quickly and we were on our way up to Threerock.

Dublin at night, just simply beautiful

After we got up to the top the plan was the next: hit the Metro 1 & Metro 2 trails and fit some sweet dark forest sectors between the two. It was a very mild evening, but the wind was pretty challenging I have to say. Once we got up to the opened sector of the top trail it was a serious task to not get blown off the trails. It was great though! :)

These are some of the best photos:




'Cause it wasn't cold and the whole thing was absolutely fantastic this was possibly the best night ride that I've done for a long time. Some of the real dark trails were epic especially 'cause the mud was brutal at some points. Difficult tecthical trails, full of roots, full of mud at night...what more can I ask for? :)
At one point we stopped and switched off all our lights to see how dark the forest really is. Needless to say that it was super dark! Literally we seen nothing but pitch black forest in every direction apart from the tiny little brightness that came through from above. It was mental and also quiet spooky so we switched the reflectors back on and kept going.

It was pretty late when I got back home, it was nearly 10:30 pm. The spin was great, we had good time on the bike and some of the trails are very memorable at night time. The clear riding time was 2 hours which isn't too bad for a night spin I guess. Good weather, cool trails and dark evening. For me this is the perect recipe for a decent night ride! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment