Saturday, January 7, 2012

First spin of the new year, let's hit the coast road!


I hopped on the road bike this morning and went out to get my first spin done in 2012. Since the weather was absolutely fantastic this morning I thought the best place would be to go is the stunning looking coast. I cycled out through the city centre which was pretty hectic but once I hit the coast road the ride was great. 

Nice & quiet road along the coast

I cycled out to Howth but instead of going for the usual ride around the half-island I turned left and headed out towards Portmarnock and Malahide. The road was still quiet enough 'cause it was early. It was nice and mild out there and the view was just incredible! Everytime I ride along the coast there is something special about it: maybe the smell of the sea or just the view itself, I don't know. But I love it for sure!

The map of today's spin

On the way home I stopped by at the St. Anne's Park to say hi to the lads who was there to race the National CX Champs today. What a venue and what a day! I felt a bit jealous 'cause it would have been nice to line up next to my friends and have a go! :) I wanted to stay and cheer them but I really started to cool down and feel the cold so after a little while I kept going until I got back home. 

Today I was on the bike for 2 hours and 20 minutes and covered the distance of 57 km with nearly zero elevation gain along the way. This flat road spin was great for today, I really enjoyed myself. I couldn't pick any better place to cycle for a day like today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment