Monday, January 9, 2012

My plans for the 2012 racing season

Well, the this year's racing season is really just around the corner, it'll start in 6 weeks time. So it is time for me to think through the plan for it and get the last couple of weeks of the winter training right. 

This season will be very special to me 'cause I going to be a daddy! We have a Little One on the way and we are super excited about the fact we are going to have a child! So of course the priorities will change a lot and I just simply have to see how things will go. 

I am planning the majority of my racing season for the first half of the year, so I'm planning to compete before end of May. I'll try to enter as many XC races as possible between February and May and after that I'll miss pretty much the rest of the competions. I might get to race some of the last races in the calendar but if not, it's still all right though. But beside all of this the biggest plan is: I'll change category this year. I am going up from S3 to S2 and compete in a stronger field. The training is going ok and the motivation is there so nothing else left but pushing the pedals harder against the stronger guys! :)

Beside the races and events in the Cycling Ireland calendar of course I have some of my own goals to achieve in 2012. The main one would be the Wicklow Way of course, I still didn't give up the plan to ride the whole route in one day

I also would love to see what would be the longest distance I can cover on the road bike in one day, so that'll be my other big plan for the season.

So, this would be my plan for the upcoming racing season. I am motivated and excited about the whole thing, can't wait to line up at the start line again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment