Thursday, January 19, 2012

Night riding : it's addictive!

If anybody asked me few years ago about night riding my answer would have been: "No way, I don't see anything in that!" Well, this opinion has been changed this winter 'cause I am officially hooked on off-road night ride spins. There is no turning back! :)


There is just something great about being up in the mountains at night and have fun on the trails. We normally go to familiar places 'cause we know what to expect. But even the well known trails could surprise us at night! 

Yeah, the front lights are very bright indeed but still: riding off-road in pitch black forest and hit some sweet downhill sectors over rocks and roots just kicks in the adrenaline for sure! 
The sounds of the forest at night is definitely something that I never really listen to during the day. At the darkest bit we always stop for few minutes and switch the lights off all together. Now, that is the freaky bit! Cool! :)

We took some good photos during last night's spin, here they are:

The view is amazing

Dark enough, let's go!

On my favourite trail up on Threerock

Deep in the dark forest

Little bit of donwhill

A funky shot: the rear light on the back of my bike. Sometimes random photos are the best! :)

Yesterday's night ride spin was possibly one of the best so far. The weather was cold enough but still good and bright. We ended up stoping a couple of times to take some nice photos but we still finished the spin with 2 hours clear riding time. But hey, all these night ride spins are purely for fun I think and we have to say that we've had great time on the bike.

I'd like to say thank you to my friend Csaba for all the nice pictures and for taking all the equipment last night. Good stuff man! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment