Monday, October 17, 2011

Short & easy road spin in the park

I am in the middle of my off-season break but I still need to keep the legs turning from time to time. I am doing little on the bike in the last couple of weeks. Mostly I join the guys from the club on the Saturday mornings on their mountain bike spins. But today I felt different: wanted to ride the road bike on my own. I haven't been on the road bike since the  National Hillclimb Champs, and I have to say I missed to have a good road spin. 

Today the weather was pretty savage with very strong wind and some rain also. Now, I was lucky enough to get out and get the cycle done before the rain but I am telling you I did get some serious wind out there today. I had couple of things to do at home so I didn't want to go too far and since I haven't been there for a while I decided to go to the usual and ultimate easy road spin destination: the Phoenix Park


The park was the same as usual, nothing special I can mention about it except the spectacular view at some places. The autumn is here and the forest looks brilliant at this time of the year. I love it!

Get out there, do 2 laps and come back home! :)

I cycled only 2 laps around the park but it was more than perfectly enough what was planned for the day. It was a very short spin with only 38 km of distance in 1 hour and 30 minutes with almost no elevation gain. I really enjoyed to be on the road bike again and I know it'll be fun to have all the long winter spins on the road soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment