Saturday, October 15, 2011

What a spin! - ThinkBike.ie club spin up on Threerock

Today I've had a brilliant club spin again with the lads from the ThinkBike.ie CC. This time we went up to Threerock and discovered some new trails thanks to my team mate Richie Felle.

In front of the Yellow House in Rathfarnham

From home I cycled up to the well known Yellow House Pub and met with the young Dan from South Africa. We cycled up to the meeting point to the Taylor's Pub just at the bottom of Threerock at 8:30 am.

This week we had a nice and big group, 11 of us started the climb up to the top of the mountain. I really enjoyed the chat along the way, it was a funny type spin. :)

At the lower carpark

The strange thing is: I have been up on Threerock so many times I can't even imagine and I still can discover new trails and places! It is crazy! :) Richie was the leader if the group and he guided us to some super sweet trails where I never been before. I loved the way most of these trails were very muddy, we had lots of fun on the donwhills. 

We are havin' fun somewhere in the forest! :)

We found this crazy steep bomb hole on the back of the hill and we spent good bit of time to ride the thing from every possible direction. It was excellent! I loved every bit of it! :)

Short brake to re-group



After we have covered so many trails we turned back towards the lower carpark and enjoyed the last bit of downhill on the man-built trails. At the lower carpark we split up and I cycled back home through Dundrum.



We have been out for 2 hours and 15 minutes and we've covered 33 km of distance with 757 m of total elevation gain. Today's spin was a real off-season type autumn mountain bike ride with lots of chatting and laughing. :)

I had great time on the bike today, I really need cycles like this to get re-charged before all the cold and savage winter training starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment