Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Short & easy road spin to Enniskerry

In the spirit of being relaxed and easy on the bike today I went for another lovely and easy road spin. I was thinking up 'til about lunch time should I go for road spin or take the mountain bike out and have some fun trail biking. But I had so much fun on the road bike yesterday, so I voted to have a road spin today as well.

The plan was to have a short spin but with a little bit more climb that I have done in the park during yesterday's spin. So I started to head out towards Enniskerry but I crossed the hills instead of taking the more flat route through Stepaside. First I climbed up to the Lamb Doyle's Pub and from there I climbed up towards the Johnnie Fox's Pub. This route is always lovely with very little traffic and some sweet little climbs along the way.

The famous place: the highest pub & restaurant in Ireland.

It is pretty quick to get to Enniskerry on this route but before I got there I had some fun on the super fast descent just before the village. Sweet! :)

In the town centre with the lovely coffe-house called Poppies in the background. On the weekends the place is normally full with cyclists! :)

From Enniskerry I decided to take the route that leads me through Stepaside and Dundrum. The traffic was a bit mad, I had couple of close calls on my way home. Luckily nothing happened but a van and a bin-truck took the overtaking extremely tight which did not make me happy... 

The other thing that made my cycle more challenging was the wind: it was a lovely and bright day but the wind was so strong I nearly got blown away couple of times. Especially on the way home! It was epic! :)

The map of today's spin

I cycled only 35 km today under 1 hour and 25 minutes with the total of 480 m elevation gain. This was a super short road spin indeed but the plan is still the same: nice & easy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment