Saturday, October 29, 2011

ThinkBike.ie Club Spin - up on Threerock one more time

This morning I went up up to Threerock to have my regular Saturday morning training spin. I joined the lads from the club once again to have a good laugh & fun like we always have. We met at the Taylor's Pub at the M50 bridge and climbed up to mountain to start our muddy mountain bike spin.

The group was big enough this week

After the serious rain on Monday all the trails were pretty rough due to the massive erosion caused by the huge amount of water. It was excellent to ride them though but I can say they weren't easy and certenly weren't the same like they were before. About the 3/4 of the place has changed so we had to adopt to the new conditions up there. It was cool though! :)

At the top, waiting to get re-grouped with the lads

Now, since I have started my winter training on Monday I preferred to have a bit more intense pace compare to what we normally have. This plan has worked out just perfectly because my good friend and team mate Richie Felle, who is in training and active racing in this seasons cyclo cross league was setting up some nice and intense speed for the whole spin. Richie, Ian and myself got ahead of the group most of the time and after we have done our more intense segments we re-grouped with the guys and kept going together. We had a constant spin today with little stopping and we have also covered some of the most technical trails up on the mountain. It was brilliant! :)


Elevation graph

Today we have been out for 2 hours and 30 minutes and covered the distance of 38 km with 1070 m of total elevation gain. It was a good old intense mountain bike spin and I have to say I loved every minute of it! It was excellent alltogether! :)

But now it is time to get the night-lights fitted and get the bike ready for my second spin of the day: tonight I'm going up to the mountains once again to have the first night-ride mountain bike spin of this winter. Gonna be cool for sure, I can't wait!  

No comments:

Post a Comment