Saturday, October 22, 2011

What a spin! - ThinkBike.ie club spin up on Djouce

It seems like all these club spins are great and they are getting more popular each time. I decided to get out with the group this morning mainly 'cause I had so much fun in the last two weeks and also because this week's destination was the good old favourite: Djouce.

Big group with lots of familiar faces & good few new comers. We also had a special guest today: Conor's dog :)

When we left the carpark at about 8:45 am the weather wasn't looking too good indeed. We started our spin in cold and damp conditions and I got ready for the worst by looking at the sky earlier on. But once we got into the forest the weather has changed too: mostly dry singletracks we seen and the rain has stopped also. It was a true gift! :)

The Powerscourt Waterfall from the other side of the valley

Djouce is an truly amazing place for mountain biking. Mainly because the trails are savage, steep and pretty technical. The view is also great from the side of the mountain! I love the place and all those trails brought back some sweet racing memories when I competed on one of the best NPS course in the country couple of years ago. 


We have covered some of the best trails and singletracks on the mountain with crazy hair-pin bends and some super steep downhill sections. I had so much fun riding them but I am sure I wasn't the only one on the group. :)

Back at the carpark: after a quick change I got nice & comfy in the heated ThinkBike.ie Team Skoda Fabia :)

Today's spin was a bit shorter 'cause most of us were a bit under pressure to get back home. But hey! We have covered so many fantastic trails and had an excellent autumn of-road spin I can't complain at all.


This club spin was the best one yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment