Saturday, October 8, 2011

What a spin! - ThinkBike.ie club spin up on Leadmines

What a spin! Excellent day out on the bike, great group and fantastic trails. An off-season spin could not have been any better. 

Ready to go at the Palmer's Pub carpark

We met at the Palmer's carpark just at the bottom of the Leadmines trails at 8:30 am this morning. I cycled out just as I always do so I got warmed up nicely by the time I got there. 7 of us left from the meeting point and started out excellent club spin on the trails of Leadmines.

The group of ThinkBike.ie mountain bikers :)


We had a great time on the bike, we really enjoyed the good weather. We decided to get up to the top and have a savage and qiuck spin on the well known and famous Epic MTB club course. It is a lovely and technical course that helps a lot to improve many abilities on the bike indeed. 

The map of the Epic MTB club course

After the had a great time on the club course of the Epic guys we aimed towards the crazy steep climb that leads up to the "viewpoint" just next to the Leadmines hills. It was insane: steep and techical climb and the wind was so strong we nearly got rolled over couple of times while we got up to the top. But the view made up for everything: fantastic!


Up on the top!!! :)

Once we got back to the bottom of the hill we have covered some of the most difficult and technical downhill segment that I found up there so far. It was very tricky and steep at some places so I can say it was very challenging for most of us.  Then we have covered most of the trails on the other side of the hill and we hit the tarmac road again that leads back to the carpark. From the carpark I cycled home through Stepaside and Dundrum. 

After the spin at home: shower, change and ready to have lunch :)

Today's spin was my first off-road spin for 2 weeks now and I loved every minute of it I can tell. I missed mountain biking for sure however I enjoy the comfort of my off-season time! :) 

We went out for 2 hours and 30 minutes and covered the distance of  37 km with the total of 810 m elevation gain. It was a perfect spin to get my legs going again and have fun on the bike on this lovely autumn day.

I hope the next week's club spin will be just as fun as today's spin was! Thanks lads, I had great time! Can't wait for next week! :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment