Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Foggy spin on Threerock


This morning we left nice and early to get the mountain biking done in time. My friend Csaba and me left at 7am and we were padalling towards the mountains with a quiet nice pace. The first target of the day was to get the Kilmashogue climb done. So we hit the lane that leads up to the steep climb and settled in our own pace. This climb is one of my favorite: short and steep, somewhere even 23% gradient. Lovely! 

Once we got up to the top we turned back and decended to the Kilmashogue carpark. On the fire road that leads to Threerock we had a little bit more climb in very thick fog. It was amazing to see...I mean not be able to see the other side of the valley. In fairness we could see not more than about 50-100m ahead of us. It was brilliant, for some strange reason I love riding in fog.

We should see the valley and the side of the mountain. Not this time!
After we got the Threerock we started our usual route: bit of a new trail and some of the proper, difficult natural ones on the far side of the mountain. Everything was muddy and wet, as a result of that: super slippery. And the fog made it even more interesting for sure.  

Csaba hit the most optimal path! :)

 Short break
We got a good bit of mountain biking done today before we started to head back home. We have covered 35km distance in 2 hours and 40 minutes. The good news of the day was: all the rocks that I have wrote about before were removed from the trails! It was nice to see someone got them removed so quickly.

Today's graph
I felt very good on the bike today, especially on the climbs. Legs are turning well and I started to get excited about the race on Sunday. It's gonna be good, I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment