Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tough spin before work

I went for a 3 hours training this morning before work. The plan was to get a proper XC spin done one more time before the race on the weekend. After an early alarm and a quick breakfast I was ready to go. 
The first thing I have to say: I don't remember to ride in such a strong wind like we've had this morning. I really had to stay focused just to keep the bike straigt until I get out of the busy town and from traffic. And I think the whole thing just got worst when I hit the climb up to Threerock. Luckily I got into the forest quick enough and there I have been in a good shelter of the trees. But every time I got back up to the top where the aireals are the wind hit me like I hit a wall or something. It was serious! 

Elevation / speed graph of the spin
As you can see it on the graph I could get a lot of climbing done this morning. The total elevation gain was 1177m and the total distance was 42,6 km. I didn't stop during the spin unless it was necessery and because I've been pushing hard I did end up with a high, 1630 kcal burning hard training session.

After a quick shower and a nice second breakfast I have my day ahead of me and the planned training for the day is already done. I think I have done everything to be prepared for the first NPS race!

No comments:

Post a Comment