Saturday, March 12, 2011

ThinkBike club spin on Threerock

I haven't been riding with the club for ages now, so I've decided to go out with the lads for the ThinkBike club's regular saturday mountain bike spin. We met at the Taylor's Pub car park at 8:45am and couple of minutes later we were on our way up to Threerock. The group was big enough, 10 riders came along all together. Which is great number I think considering the rain and wind this morning. The temperature was actually ok, it was 7-8 °C but the rain has started and stopped all morning. Richie lead the group up towards the lower carpark and from there we hit the nice trails of Threerock. Covered some of the new trails of course and we hit some mad and nasty trails also. Steep, muddy and full of roots. Some of them were pretty extreme indeed! Sweet!
Today's group
I've also had the first test run with the Garmin, so I was excited about that. The first impression is very good, I like the accuracy and all the information the unit gives me during the ride. I've had it set up for automatic start/stop mode. Based on that the riding time was 2 hours and 30 minutes and we have covered the distance of 35km. The highest point was 488m and the steepest gradient was 34% (that was some crazy singletrack climb), also I have burned 1250 kcal today.

The graph of the spin. (speed and elevation)

The well known lower carpark from a bit different, bird's eye view. 
Today's spin was great, I really enjoyed it. It was nice to ride with friends, with all the familiar faces and new comers as well. Thanks a lot everyone, it was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment