Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lough Derg Bike Challenge 2011 - 4 stage XC race


I am racing for many years now but I never tried any stage race before. I was planning to enter one of them sooner or later, it was only mater of time. I have picked the Lough Derg Bike Challenge 2011 and as far as I know this is the only stage race in Ireland.

"The four stage event will take place on Saturday and Sunday the 9th and 10th of April 2011, with two stages taking place on each day. The courses have been laid out to make the event challenging but also thoroughly enjoyable. Competitive riders are encouraged to participate and the event will be won on the shortest cumulative time over the four stages." Excellent stuff!

The total distance is 84km with 1425m climb.

Information about the stages:





For full information click here.

I am really looking forward to this event, I am very curious to see how will it go for me. It is only couple of weeks away so we will see soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment