Friday, May 6, 2011

Good, old favourite places


The weather in Hungary in May can be still very crazy and wild temperature wise. As a typical example this morning we've had -1°C so it was frozen. It was a bit unexpected but still quiet "normal". Of course during the day it is lovely and warm so I got my dad's old bike out of the shed and after a quick check and cleaning it was ready to go again. 
When I got home a week ago I was prepared to have bike-free holiday because I don't have any bike and gear here. But couple of days ago I found my dad's bike in the garage that hasn't been ridden for years and years. "Here is the perfect chance go get out for a short spin!"  :)

I just wanted to visit my favourite hills just right beside my place. They are not too high or extreme but they got me hooked on this whole mountain biking long time ago and I love to get back there from time to time and ride on the well known old trails.


I didn't have too long time tonight 'cause I've been busy with other things so I went only for 1 hour and 15 minutes spin on the local hills. I've had company also this time, my old school mate and friend Gábor joined also. We've had great time on the bike but I do have to admit: it was some experience to ride on flat pedals and runners in deed!  :) 

The profile of our short spin

 photos:

The hill called Somlyó from the field
Up on the trail. Shame, but didn't have ThinkBike team jersey with me :( 

Bone dry and dusty roads and trails
My favorite lake called Széleskő up on the mountains
My friend Gabi

No comments:

Post a Comment