Tuesday, May 24, 2011

High paced spin up to Leadmines


Finally the wind has eased up a little after the weekend and today was nice and sunny also. I got out of work in time thanks to the early shift, so I stormed home and got on the bike in no time. I wanted to visit Leadmines for a while now because for some reason I normally don't cycle there. I have seen it clear this afternoon: I should of! :)

I put the earphones in and set up the playlist of one of my favourite band called Tankcsapda and I was ready to go. I got through the mad afternoon traffic all right and hit the road that leads towards Enniskerry. I set the pace pretty high because the plan was to have a short but intense training spin this afternoon. 
After I got to the tower on the top I started the off-road spin on the trails that I knew and even explored some of the "new" ones. The weather was amazing, I was waiting for this for ages to ride in shorts and short sleeves! Lovely! :)


The trails are dusty dry up there so I had to appreciate the conditions even more! :)


After the intense mountain biking I turned back home and cycled back to Dublin on the same road. The spin was only 1 hour and 30 minutes long, I have covered the distance of 31km. This training was ideal during the week and was part of my preparation for the race on Sunday.

Elevation graph

photos

At the tower on the top of Leadmines

Hairpin bend on this super steep technical climb that took me to the top of the hill nearby.
Excellent view from the top :)


No comments:

Post a Comment