Friday, May 27, 2011

Last training before the NPS Rd. 5 in Lady Dixon Park & first test ride with the new fork

The next round of the NPS league is coming up this Sunday. As a part of the preparation for this race I went out to the Phoenix Park to do some sweet sprinting sessions accross the fields. The Lady Dixon Park in Belfast is quiet similar so I just wanted to have my head set up for racing in a park. I have raced there before and I love the course. If the weather is gonna be dry it will be a beast place to race. Even if it has virtually zero difficulty but with all the swich back turns and insane speed it's gonna be excellent race. :)

On Sunday we need to expect lots of this...
...and some of this in deed.
Today's training was all about short but very fast burst type sprints, get the sharp corners right and accelerate from them as fast as possible. Also to set very high pace and speed becuase I have to deal with all this on the race this weekend. 
So, I am ready for Sunday! :) I feel really good on the bike and I'm looking forward to race after the couple of weeks brake. 

First impression after the first test ride with the new fork:

I have fitted the new suspension fork yesterday, so I was pretty excited to take the bike out for the first test spin. Well, obviously the terrain in the Phoenix Park wasn't too challenging in deed but was perfectly good enough for testride.

The most important thing I could mention is the stiffness. Even a small rider like me can spot the huge difference between this fork and my old one, thanks to the Double Arch Design from  Magura, that gives incredible stability when I turn the bike in high speed.

The other thing is the quality of the remote lock-out system. The whole thing is very neat design with the integrated cable casing end on the back side of the crown. 

Also the hidden cable fitting is an excellent idea and of course it looks sweet! :)



So, I'm very happy with the new fork and I am sure it will be brilliant to have for all the upcoming races. Can't wait to try it out on some brutal rocky trails up in the Wicklow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment